This recipe is featured in the free story, Potluck, which is part of The Bartonville Series.
Mexicali Chicken & Rice
Author: Janel Gradowski (http://www.janelgradowski.com)
Recipe type: Main Dish
This is a quick and easy way to turned leftover chicken into a tasty meal. This also makes a great taco or burrito filling.
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 - 10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 - 5.25 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 - 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet combine chicken and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cilantro. Lower heat to medium and cook until everything is heated through, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with any of the following: Salsa, shredded cheese, diced avocado, sour cream or plain yogurt, diced onion, fresh or pickled jalapeno slices